Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Dairy Free

Happy Tuesday!  It is so hard to keep straight what day it is with this new schedule!


I made these this past Thursday and could not wait to share these.  I got the recipe from one of my homeschool magazines.  My changes to it was instead of dairy milk I used Silk Almond Creamer.  This was suppose to make one, but that was too much even for bug and it is really rich!  I also added dairy free topping.

Recipe:

4 tbsp flour, 4 tbsp sugar, 3 tbsp cocoa, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt (2 tbsp chopped nuts if you want~we left them out.)
Add:
1 beaten egg, 3 tbsp Silk Almond Creamer (or your choice of any dairy-free or dairy milk), 1 tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp vanilla.

Mix together divide between 2 large mugs microwave for 2 minutes.

The dairy-free topping is:

1 can Coconut milk, leave in refrigerator over night, skim the solid off (you do not want any liquid in this, save it for another use)

Place mixer bowl and whisk in freezer for an hour before you make this.

Place solid coconut milk with 1/4 cup powder sugar mix until fluffy.

Mine only lasted a day in the fridge.....I ate it!

I also used Pampered Chef's 1 cup prep bowl and made three so each of us could have a nice size snack.

Hubby decided that he didn't want chocolate when he got home from work so last night I left it out added some almond flavoring and some sliced almonds in ours and frozen blueberries in bug's and they were really good like that too.

Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

Post a Comment